Adverts

Dec 9, 2011

KUNA MSOSI HAPO UNAOUMANYA? AMA KUUFAHAMU KAMA SIO KOMA MANGA TU!!!

Thanksgiving Dinner for Two.:
Chris and I were planning to go to a restaurant for Thanksgiving, but I got the itch to make it all myself (with the help of Chris of course). So that is what we did, and we were both so glad that we made it ourselves. It turned out so well and we had leftovers for days, which is always the best part!
Here are a few pictures from our Thanksgiving dinner for two!
I made my Grandmother's Thanksgiving jello, which is basically everything in the fridge thrown into raspberry jello. I grew up with it, so I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, but Chris HATES jello, and couldn't get past the fact that there is celery in it, so he wouldn't go near it. It sounds crazy, but it is soooo good, and so easy!!
All you do is... dissolve a large package of raspberry jello in warm water, in the pan you will serve the dish in, and then add a package of frozen raspberries, can of crushed pineapples, 1 1/2 chopped green apple, 1 pomegranate, and 3 stalks of chopped celery. And then let it firm up and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
I had lots of pomegranate seeds left, so I froze them for later! It will be so good in yogurt or other such things! I love pomegranates.
We went with a roasted chicken, instead of a turkey, since it is much easier and takes less time to cook, and the perfect amount for the two of us! I have made roast chicken a ton, but this time I made an herb butter that I rubbed all over the outside, and it made it sooooo good! I will forever do that now!
We made it a point to take advantage of our dining room, and sat there for the night. We tend to eat on the couch, in front of the TV, but eating at the dining table made it so much more special!
The Menu:
Roast Chicken
Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
Sage Stuffing
Roasted Butternut Squash
Grandma's Jello
Tomato & Cucumber Salad
Butter Flake Rolls
Brownies (for Chris)
Pumpkin Pie (for me) - which I haven't even eaten yet..still full!
Apple Pomegranate Sparkling Cider