Adverts

Jan 1, 2012

Yes, Virginia, You Really Can Bejewel Anything

I came across an Etsy Shop this week that got me to thinking, if you have enough rhinestones and old costume jewelry hanging around – you really can convert almost anything into a decorative item. On My Salvaged Treasures, Betsy from Tracy, California sells old keys and vintagy goods that she’s bejeweled with bits of costume jewelry. The result is lovely, you can wear these as jewelry or lay them around in vintage glass bowls and the like….

So what else could be bejeweled? I googled “bejeweled” and put in a variety of ideas behind it to see what came up. Check out this “bejeweled birdhouse” from Birdtiques, pretty snazzy huh…? (I love birdhouses).

How about a “bejeweled bridal bouquet”…?

Or “bejeweled manicure“?

Believe me, whatever you can think of someone has already beaten you to it and posted a picture of it. So that settles it – I’m sure like most of us you have some time off coming next week – get out your glue guns and scan your jewelry box for re-purposing gems and get going!